Friday, November 8, 2013

Election Day!!!!!!!!!!

 Voting is a historic civil rights law that is meant to ensure that the right to vote is not denied on account of race or color.
On Tuesday I had the pleasure of voting for the 2nd time this year. As a young African American women its important to get our young people out there and involved in the voting elections. I was a little hesitate about this years election because of all the controversy that was going on between McAuliffe vs. Cuccinelli . I didn't know which one to vote because of all the talk about cutting birth control and women's rights as far as being able to have an abortion to whichever circumstance.
     But at the end of the day , I made the best decision according too who would "have my back". It was a great experience to have and anyone that takes this day for granted , shouldn't.

https://www.aclu.org/timeline-history-voting-rights-act







No comments:

Post a Comment